the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just So You Know

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just So You Know on Fri May 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Freeman , Grumpy , JTF I don,t have an opinion any better of the liberals . They are all not very Honourable , I don't have a magic solution but riding you guys about the faults your party has, is great when you don't see them. If the Libs were in Power it would be them . Freeman close your eyes all you want but hell man come on they are not squeaky clean . gmafb .

2 Re: Just So You Know on Fri May 08, 2009 11:09 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
What makes you think I don't see their faults? The thing is you're not so much "riding us on their faults" as continually pointing to the same lame fifteen - twenty year old issue.

Deal in the here and now. If you suggest there is some sort of conspiracy between Harper and the Bloc at least offer up some proof. Real proof.

You'll get derided more and more if you refuse or are unable to support your claims... Defaulting to the lame Mulroney Schreiber chestnut is not gonna do it.

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

3 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 6:36 am

So you wish to believe that Harper would not climb into bed with the sepretest then what did he do in 04 talk to the wall. He would and did try to convince the Bloc to go with him to defeat the goverment . The man will do what ever it takes to hang on . Just like the Man who sold his soul for golf balls.

4 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 7:12 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Alliance
You have to look at the bed jumping that got Stephen to where he is A party full of racist and rednecks that was dieing, came to kiss,y kiss,y to a party that was for all intensive purposes dead . It had shed the most hated Prime Minister in the countrys present day history . And did not have a dime to spend , so it and Stephen Harper's Alliance party got together . The clean sheets had started paid for by oil money.

Stephen Harper was handed the reins to run it as he was seen as the most electable guy around he hadn't even sat in Parliment i believe. He was being bought from there in by the back room boys of oil.

If you boys want to believe in the man be my quest but stop acting like he is above doing whatever it takes to stay in power. For him he would be probaly smart to kis the Blocs ass hole just to keep them happy , wonder what they will get for this .

You forget Grumpy, Charcter is not availble at any price. And is Left at the door in Ottawa.

Last edited by Pavolo on Sat May 09, 2009 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

5 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 7:30 am

Remember the dirt usually comes out after as they can bury it well in power. Look at Chretien we found out the worst after he was gone . Slimy little dog he was

The last two I believed in sad to say Joe Clark who got screwed by the party . He really I think cared for the country and never really was given his chance , Picked apart for an image.
And Paul Martin as I think he was to honest for the job , again the party screwed him he was a smart man . To bad the slime from Shawinigan got him .

6 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 7:54 am

Freeman

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Three posts in a row, must be fun discussing this by yourself.

BTW, what GOM said.

7 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 8:26 am

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
I will have to help you guys out, and since I have read 5 books on the subject of Mulroney, Chretian and Harper, you will understand that I have the correct information on all of the above!
They all are great persons, who have risen to the leadership of their party and country, including Joe Clark!
Mulroney, who Pavola mentioned as the "most hated", became the most hated because he actually put into place legislation, that , because of the media, caused so many Canadians to dislike him!
The legislation has stood the test of time, the hated gst, the free trade agreement. All legislation that cleared up so many problems and the free trade agreement that caused Canada to increase its export sales 5 times to the U.S.
It is the media that never gives an even break in its coverage!
Do you remember the lost luggage of Joe Who? Ridiculing a standing P.M. because some luggage handler ? And that is why we did not like him?
pavola you make mention of slimey Chretian? Pretty harsh words for someone who served his country for 40 years! And completely unfair!
The men serving aren't slimey! It is the system, and the media that is!
I don't care if you are Liberal, NDP, Conservative, B.Q. or Green1
Those that serve are idiots, because all we think is Shawinigate. make a list of what posts Chretian served. he was minister of almost every post, and he deserves our respect! Same with Muldooney- Schreiber is one of those lying, lyars who is trying to remaine in Canada, because he is a convicted felon in Germany!
And if Muldooney took $300,000 from Schreiber, who cares? It was after he stepped down as P.M. Cash? why not? Waited 5 years to declare it as income? oops

http://www.elansofas.com

8 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 9:12 am

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Pav, do you even read my posts? Seriously. Do you? I get the sense that you do not because you sure like to put words into my mouth. I truly grow weary of the circular error loop we seem to be in...
Pavolo wrote:So you wish to believe that Harper would not climb into bed with the sepretest then what did he do in 04 talk to the wall. He would and did try to convince the Bloc to go with him to defeat the goverment . The man will do what ever it takes to hang on . Just like the Man who sold his soul for golf balls.
Where have I ever said that Harper et al do not have faults? Post just ONE link or quote that sustains your theory. It does not exist.

Pavolo wrote:So you wish to believe that Harper would not climb into bed with the sepretest then what did he do in 04 talk to the wall. He would and did try to convince the Bloc to go with him to defeat the goverment . The man will do what ever it takes to hang on . Just like the Man who sold his soul for golf balls.
Once more, please show me where Harper attempted to FORM A COALITION GOVERNMENT with the Bloc. You do know the difference between cooperation between parties to defeat a bill or government and creating a government with two or more parties and ruling a country don't you?

Did it again eh Pav. Made me look... What argument are you debating here? Post a link to something that actually SUPPORTS your argument. WTF does this Wiki link have to do with the Conservatives and the Bloc forming a government together? Christ almighty man I don't want to read reams and reams of completely irrelevant crap. Find something that proves your theory or start another thread to post all this other garbage you keep posting. Oh wait. I guess you did.

This is the garbage I refer to...
Pavolo wrote: You have to look at the bed jumping that got Stephen to where he is A party full of racist and rednecks that was dieing, came to kiss,y kiss,y to a party that was for all intensive purposes dead . It had shed the most hated Prime Minister in the countrys present day history . And did not have a dime to spend , so it and Stephen Harper's Alliance party got together . The clean sheets had started paid for by oil money.

Stephen Harper was handed the reins to run it as he was seen as the most electable guy around he hadn't even sat in Parliment i believe. He was being bought from there in by the back room boys of oil.
What does this have to do with forming a coalition government? I'll answer it for you. Nothing. So you post it why? To show why Harper and the Conservatives are evil? So what does it prove? That Harper will make stupid moves like all the other PM's did before him?

Pavolo wrote:If you boys want to believe in the man be my quest but stop acting like he is above doing whatever it takes to stay in power. For him he would be probaly smart to kis the Blocs ass hole just to keep them happy , wonder what they will get for this .
In conclusion, show me just one quote or link where I (or Freeman or JTF) have suggested Harper "is above doing whatever it takes to stay in power". Please Pav. Just one.

9 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 11:33 am

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Why haven't you read my instructions? Both of you 3 guys! Come on! There is no point in arguing who is the better person! If you are a Liberal you will hate the Conservatives and vice-versa!
Lets move on to other important things like a barbeque tomorrow at DeanK's house at 7 P.M., and the real thread that is keeping this forum a hot place to post, the lack of a thumb's down button!

10 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 11:47 am

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Ah, you're too funny rosen.

BTW I don't hate the Liberals. Nor the Conservatives. I do hate the Bloc. And the NDP.

11 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 11:59 am

casualchris

contributor plus
contributor plus
grumpy old man wrote:What makes you think I don't see their faults? The thing is you're not so much "riding us on their faults" as continually pointing to the same lame fifteen - twenty year old issue.

Deal in the here and now. If you suggest there is some sort of conspiracy between Harper and the Bloc at least offer up some proof. Real proof.

You'll get derided more and more if you refuse or are unable to support your claims... Defaulting to the lame Mulroney Schreiber chestnut is not gonna do it.

a proof is a proof is a proof is da proof, once it has been proven, thats it, its the proof.

huh?

12 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 12:03 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
lol! Good Post!
Very funny cc. Very funny...

13 Re: Just So You Know on Sat May 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Triniman

general-contributor
general-contributor
Cracks me up every time I hear it! A proof is a proof...

― Isaac Asimov

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum