the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

How soon will the Liberals pick a new Leader?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

AGEsAces

Electrician wrote:Yeah... Blame Canada!
South Park does...

That's cause South Park IS Canadian!!! Smile)

http://www.photage.ca

Electrician

general-contributor
general-contributor
It's half hour past Monday. (duh...Tuesday?).
Do you know where YOUR politician is?

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

To bad the parties do this to there own hang them out to dry. Take one for the party I quess. They knew he would not win this is why I don't really believe in politicans

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
I agree, they knew when they voted him in that something like this would happen. They set him up for the fall, I am just wondering whom they will "vote" in to replace him.

Dion thought that he would eventually become PM....all Liberal leaders do.

Dion is only the second Liberal leader in history to not become PM. The last one in 1870 or something....

But, it is the dawn of a new day in Canadian politics !!! The Liberals are no longer the natural governing party.Smile

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
oh Dion thought he would become PM.. I dont disagree with that. But we can easily see that Mr Dion does not see that far into the future does he?

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
FYI...even I mere non leader of a political party knew that this election the Liberals would tank and Dion would be gone.. and I knew this way back in June... you people just need to start listening to me and believing every word I say...
http://www.newwinnipeg.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=4200&page=1

The last time we did we had Brian and we all know how much people still dipise that that man. He is the most hated Canadian Prime Minister . Or at leaste was the Irish Bs was finnaly seen for what it was . BS

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
man Dion still does not realize it was his own party that did him in.
"“The Conservatives will never be able to do to another leader what they did to me,” he vowed.

Dion said the attacks on him and the propaganda against the Liberal Green Shift plan was a well-funded campaign by a Conservative Party which had far deeper pockets than the Liberals.
"

umm dude... maybe if your party ran more then two ads during the campaign your message would have gotten across. Maybe you should talk to your own party and find out where all the ads were, maybe just maybe you need to be more aware of yourself before you start blaming others.

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
oh man his statements just get better and better dont they?

"Although Dion said the image Canadians have of him is inaccurate and based on Conservative propaganda, he can’t shed that image and therefore can't be the one to lead the Liberals back into government. The image the Conservatives gave to me is cemented in the minds of Canadians,” he said. "

no sir! you image is based on your poor performance .. would you like a do-over?

Dion really is delusional.

And to think that soon he will probably go back to teaching young minds.

Just what we need, a loser deluding our kids.

FlyingRat

Those who can't do, teach!

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Those who cant teach... run for politics

He should leave both careers and get into some else...something he's a little better at...like the communications business...yuk yuk yuk...

incognito

contributor plus
contributor plus
FlyingRat wrote:Those who can't do, teach!

"Those that can't do, teach. And those that can't teach, teach gym." (Dewey Finn -School of Rock)

Real scary thought Stephen Harper gets a heart and loses the personalty of a fridge . Dion was not a leader but he is very intelligent and maybe to nice for politics, as you have to be a fool to be in that game . Hence the Paid for Stephen , by Alberta oil . After all you do remember Reform right now there was a scary party turned into Alliance cause Canada would not buy it.
Then after Irish eyes drove the pc's into the dirt it became the Conservative party as they dropped the Progressive to distance them selves from Irish Eyes. Hence the band of rednecks we now have which has shed some racist members and tried to clean up it's act but still can't trust its members to speak.

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Rednecks? How so?

Anybody that isn't a Liberal is a redneck eh? phfffft!

Freeman

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
What's Harper got to do with the Liberals picking a new leader?

Anyway, I understand that Mr Mustard will stay on as leader until the party picks a new one. With that in mind, I think the Liberals should ponder the issue very carefully and thoroughly, they shouldn't rush into a decision, take some time, say 4 or 5 years.

Last edited by Freeman on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting deliberate typo's)

Can't remember the MP's name in Alberta wanted natives to be cut off all welfare as it cost him money . Also did not think women should get money for maternity leave . Then there was the one who wanted to Canada to pay more to Alberta, as it was the province of choice and should not have to pay for all our poor going there. HE HE this was a party of winners sad to say some of them are so called conservatives now .

Freeman

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
You can call them conservatives, you can call them reformed reformers, you can call them rednecks, you can call them Tories, but you still have to call them the government. Hahahahaha. Made that up myself.

LivingDead

general-contributor
general-contributor
The liberals are broke. They will have a convention in 09 to choose a new leader. This will drain their coffers even more.

Imagine this scenario;
A conservative bill is up for a confidence vote, NDP and Bloc all vote against. Dion then decides to really tank his party like how his predecessors all seemed to do and has the libs all vote against thus throwing Canada into another election. Harper would this time win a majority, which would give the liberals 4 years to rebuild their brand. I actually can see this happening from a strategic stand point. The liberals cant rebuild with the threat of an election or looking like they do not oppose the government.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
There are so many good old threads- Look at the critiques of Dion 2 1/2 years ago.
I think the Conservatives under Harpr did an incredibly efficient number on Ignatief, which was their job!
Criticism that all Canadians believed, because it was true! The man wasn't living in Canada.

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
JTF wrote:Heh heh...I agree...he's the best leader that they deserve.

The next leader will still be an interim one...the rebuilding process will take many years, and anyone with any brains won't want to touch being leader.

I mean, c'mon, ya' gotta' be nuts to want tyo be leader of that party now, and in the near future.
How prophetic was this?

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

Heh...sometimes I get it right eh?

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Most times, if you check it out!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum