the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Hard Working Guy Willing to Help

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Hello all,

I need to make some extra cash since my EI benefits have not kicked in yet. I miss working, and I can cut your lawn, do landscaping, help you move, etc. I can do anything, and will charge reasoable rates to do so. If interested, PM me, and I would me more than happy to supply my services to you.

2 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 4:09 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
If I have anything or hear about anything I'll let you know. Do you care to share your resume (privately), to see if maybe your skill set is needed by someone in the sandbox or someone in the sandbox that knows someone???


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

3 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Good thinking there GOM.

4 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 4:55 pm

AGEsAces

avatar
moderator
moderator
Do you have a mower? or do you need one?
If you have your own, I'll offer you $40, if you need mine, I'll give you $20 (trying to allow for the price of gas)

Need my front lawn mowed, preferably this weekend.

Not much money...but a start.
I have some other work coming up too...painting, building, etc. but won't be for a couple of weeks.

And...if you have a resume, I can see if you'll fit in here for labour work. I think we offer about $16/hour to start (depending on your experience).

http://www.photage.ca

5 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 5:14 pm

SMW

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Damn, and I did all my yardwork last weekend.


_________________
Welcome to the Kangaroo Court of Public Opinion.
http://www.conceitedjerk.com

6 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
AGEsAces wrote:Do you have a mower? or do you need one?
If you have your own, I'll offer you $40, if you need mine, I'll give you $20 (trying to allow for the price of gas)

Need my front lawn mowed, preferably this weekend.

Not much money...but a start.
I have some other work coming up too...painting, building, etc. but won't be for a couple of weeks.

And...if you have a resume, I can see if you'll fit in here for labour work. I think we offer about $16/hour to start (depending on your experience).

I'll do it. PM me

7 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Fri May 29, 2009 5:52 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
From the darkside just for you ha...

Magenta Service is a logistics company offering a wide spectrum of services in cargo delivery worldwide. We are currently hiring for part-time position of Mailing Assistant to sort and inspect inbound correspondence for damage.

Primary job requirements:

* Age over 21 years
* Having a Digital Camera or a Cell Phone Camera
* Ability to print and scan documents
* Ability to lift packages weighing up to 40lbs.

If you believe that you can meet these basic requirements and are interested in joining our company as a well-paid employee, please contact us at EMAIL - [url]richardmilnertr@gmail.com[/url]


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

8 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Brentwood Construction is a general contractor, who may be able to use you as a handy man. His office number (message machine) is 943 3477 fax 956 0718, and his cell phone is his number if you want to speak to Kent Walters is 228 3119.


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

9 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sat May 30, 2009 7:56 pm

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
A friend of my daughters is on EI and is extrememly handy. He cannot pay his bills on what he gets and is worried about his future. I just told him to incorporate, for personal reasons. That prevents one from being sued into personal bankruptcy over work done. That happened to a friend who had to hire a lawyer, and he lost his case.
There may be lots of "jobs" that could be done with a handyman's ability? That is if you are real handy? A $30 ad in one of Metro's papers will tell you! If you are planning on staying on EI don't use a traceable phone.


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

10 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sat May 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
rosencrentz wrote:A friend of my daughters is on EI and is extrememly handy. He cannot pay his bills on what he gets and is worried about his future. I just told him to incorporate, for personal reasons. That prevents one from being sued into personal bankruptcy over work done. That happened to a friend who had to hire a lawyer, and he lost his case.
There may be lots of "jobs" that could be done with a handyman's ability? That is if you are real handy? A $30 ad in one of Metro's papers will tell you! If you are planning on staying on EI don't use a traceable phone.

Under the current system you are allowed to make 40% of your Regular benefits as long as you claim all earned money on your report, so as long as I report it I should be fine.

11 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
If anyone needs work done this weekend or before, let me know. I can help move furniture, cut your lawn. help you with renovations to your home, etc. My nephews birthday is on Saturday and I want to get him a Sydney Crosby jersey ($45), and I don't want to wait until I get my chq on Tuesday. So anyone who needs a helping hand, you can PM me. I would be more than willing to help.

PS...I also love animals, so if you need a dog walker, I have had pleanty of experience with pets. they love me.

12 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 am

AGEsAces

avatar
moderator
moderator
HurtinAlbertan wrote:If anyone needs work done this weekend or before, let me know. I can help move furniture, cut your lawn. help you with renovations to your home, etc. My nephews birthday is on Saturday and I want to get him a Sydney Crosby jersey ($45), and I don't want to wait until I get my chq on Tuesday. So anyone who needs a helping hand, you can PM me. I would be more than willing to help.

PS...I also love animals, so if you need a dog walker, I have had pleanty of experience with pets. they love me.

I can offer you $50 to help me for the day...from about noon-?? (maybe 4)

Can't do more than that (money is tight this week)...but I'm digging 9 post holes and could use some help with the machinery & setting the posts.

It's not a "sandals" job...so some kind of decent shoe/boot would be required. I can provide gloves & safety glasses if they are required.

http://www.photage.ca

13 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
AGEsAces wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:If anyone needs work done this weekend or before, let me know. I can help move furniture, cut your lawn. help you with renovations to your home, etc. My nephews birthday is on Saturday and I want to get him a Sydney Crosby jersey ($45), and I don't want to wait until I get my chq on Tuesday. So anyone who needs a helping hand, you can PM me. I would be more than willing to help.

PS...I also love animals, so if you need a dog walker, I have had pleanty of experience with pets. they love me.

I can offer you $50 to help me for the day...from about noon-?? (maybe 4)

Can't do more than that (money is tight this week)...but I'm digging 9 post holes and could use some help with the machinery & setting the posts.

It's not a "sandals" job...so some kind of decent shoe/boot would be required. I can provide gloves & safety glasses if they are required.

Sure I would love to help out after I complete a job in the morning. I have steel toe boots, so that wont be a problem. PM me for more details thanks.

14 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
I'd like to give a shout out to GOM and AgesAces for the work they provided me with this weekend. It was cool to meet the people behind the name, and thanks for the official "Winnipeg Sandbox" coffee cup, Grumpy.

Cheers! :party 005:

15 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
winnipeg sandbox coffee cup?? was that a beer?


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

16 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Deank wrote:winnipeg sandbox coffee cup?? was that a beer?


nope. My drinking days are over. Retired as of late May... Wink

17 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
HA did a marvelous job under trying conditions. I recommend him if you're looking for good help. Thanks HA.


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

18 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Deank wrote:winnipeg sandbox coffee cup?? was that a beer?
I have one for ya Deank...


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

19 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 am

AGEsAces

avatar
moderator
moderator
grumpy old man wrote:HA did a marvelous job under trying conditions. I recommend him if you're looking for good help. Thanks HA.

Trying conditions?
I heard you had every landscaping tool known to man...trying conditions would be handing him a trowel & a pair of scissors and telling him to landscape a couple of acres Wink.

That said...yes...HA did a great job helping me with the hard part of my project.
Fighting with a miserable machine that dies on us (luckily just as we were finishing), and 3 or 4 other tools breaking along the way (shovel, 2 clamps, hammer...)
With the heat and the humidity...it was very trying Wink.

And HA...next time I'll have REAL lemonade instead of the "spiked" stuff for you Wink.

http://www.photage.ca

20 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:10 am

St Norberter

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Do you have a truck?

http://bgilchrist.wordpress.com/

21 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
AGEsAces wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:HA did a marvelous job under trying conditions. I recommend him if you're looking for good help. Thanks HA.



Trying conditions?
I heard you had every landscaping tool known to man...trying conditions would be handing him a trowel & a pair of scissors and telling him to landscape a couple of acres Wink.

That said...yes...HA did a great job helping me with the hard part of my project.
Fighting with a miserable machine that dies on us (luckily just as we were finishing), and 3 or 4 other tools breaking along the way (shovel, 2 clamps, hammer...)
With the heat and the humidity...it was very trying Wink.

And HA...next time I'll have REAL lemonade instead of the "spiked" stuff for you Wink.

haha yeah, that certainly fooled me...

22 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
St Norberter wrote:Do you have a truck?

Unfortunately I do not.....

23 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm

casualchris


contributor plus
contributor plus
Glad to hear things are working out for HA,

For what it's worth, I'd give a personal reference that HA is of good character and hard working.

cc

24 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Trying conditions = uber hot...


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

25 Re: Hard Working Guy Willing to Help on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
I may have something for you...I'll pm ya....

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum