the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Conservative Government and Climate Change

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Ex-Pat-Pegger


newbie
The sun is in a low cycle? Of what? Sun Spots?

I'm not sure how the last 9 months were in Winnipeg but it was one hell of a hot summer here on the coast. My tomatoes grew halla large...on my balcony.

I wish someone paid me off.

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
"The sun is in a low cycle? Of what? Sun Spots?"

no not just sunspots. (although the fact that the sunspots are all but gone is a huge indicator of its low cycle.)

Most of Canada experienced a very cool summer.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

incognito

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
You can't win this argument. The alarmists will attribute every weather event -- good, bad, or uneventful -- to AWG.

Cooler temps... climate change
Warmer temps... climate change
Normal temps... climate change
Wetter... climate change
Drier... climate change
Avg. rainfall... climate change
Windier... climate change
Calmer... climate change
Sunnier... climate change
Cloudier... climate change


_________________
Just stirring the pot.

Guest

avatar
Guest
The earth is changing and we can help to make the impact less but we cannot stop it . To say that the last 9 months in WPG is at the very least naive as for the century's the scientist are talking .
It has taking 150 yrs of fossil fuels to speed up the decline wonder how many with out to slow the decline

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Since when is it a fact that smoking causes cancer? What about not inhaling, and washing the smoke down with Crown royal, and tenderloin steak and a pretty awesome salad?
DeanK. What about your study on the above??


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

Guest

avatar
Guest
Causes sleepiness

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
Mmmm...smoking and Crown Royal.

As for the sun's low cycle argument, I would posit that unless the orbit of our planet has moved closer or farther away from our life giving star, we are likely the cause of changes in our atmosphere.

As far as I know no scientist has alerted us that our orbit has changed.

Then again, even if one did, some other paid off scientists with some corporate agenda would argue it and the media would give the two of them equal air time.

Guest

avatar
Guest
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:

As for the sun's low cycle argument, I would posit that unless the orbit of our planet has moved closer or farther away from our life giving star, we are likely the cause of changes in our atmosphere.




That's one hellava statement. Nonsense, but a hellava statement anyway. Smile

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
Most arguments in this thread seem to be nonsense depending on the side of the argument that you happen to be on.

Guest

avatar
Guest
There are only two posibilities eh?

Smile

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:Mmmm...smoking and Crown Royal.

As for the sun's low cycle argument, I would posit that unless the orbit of our planet has moved closer or farther away from our life giving star, we are likely the cause of changes in our atmosphere.

As far as I know no scientist has alerted us that our orbit has changed.

Then again, even if one did, some other paid off scientists with some corporate agenda would argue it and the media would give the two of them equal air time.

So the scientists who argue against climate change are paid off by big corporations yet the ones who argue for climate change are not paid off by anyone? Can you provide proof to this? or is this your own personal belief/opinion?

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
Who has an financial interest in reducing CO2 emissions?

Solar panel manufacturers? Sorry, any sort of corporation with an interest in cutting CO2 emissions is too small a company to fund scientists to further their own agenda.

Oh wait, the CBC funds David Suzuki.

Guest

avatar
Guest
Again...you said there are only two possibilities.

Speak to the 'nonsense issue' please.

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:Most arguments in this thread seem to be nonsense depending on the side of the argument that you happen to be on.


Actually, maybe ALL the posts in this thread are nonsense --- mostly yours though, not mine.


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
rosencrentz wrote:Since when is it a fact that smoking causes cancer? What about not inhaling, and washing the smoke down with Crown royal, and tenderloin steak and a pretty awesome salad?
DeanK. What about your study on the above??
actually funny thing that.

Recent studies attribute about 30% of oral and throat cancer is caused by HPV.

Yep thats rights ORAL SEX CAUSES 30% OF THE CANCER CASES.

So if 30% are caused by oral sex...what does that do for the rest of the cases that were previously attributed to smoking?


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
I thought smoking mostly caused lung cancer.

Chewing tobacco causes throat cancer.

incognito

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
Listening to Gore and Suzuki causes dementia.


_________________
Just stirring the pot.

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
Speak to the nonsense issue....what more is there to say.

If you think climate change is bull sh1t then you think I'm spewing nonsense.

If you think that climate change is real then you, or those who think climate change is not real, are spewing nonsense.

I think that the bottom line is this: If you have children, then regardless of how you feel on this issue, now is the time to act. Write the PM and get him to support a stronger Kyoto 2.

Failure to act could mean some really challenging days ahead for your children and grandchildren.

Even it you think it's bullshit...what if you're wrong? If you're right then you can say I told you so, however, if you wrong and did nothing, then you have to explain to your grandchildren why you chose to do nothing despite all of warnings you received.

"Sorry Timmy, Granpa thought it was a hoax and did nothing, that's why the world is now so screwed."

This is an issues that is hard for humans to think about as the consequences are so far off. People tend to think of the future in 20 year segments; this is selfish.

Like the Iroquois said, we should think of the consequences of our decisions on the next seven generations.

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:I thought smoking mostly caused lung cancer.

Chewing tobacco causes throat cancer.

smoking cigarettes has always been a huge contribitor to throat and mouth cancer. (cause thats how it gets to your lungs) Smoking cigars and chewing tobacco is primarily mouth and throat cancer though.

or so we thought.

Maybe all the cigar smokers and tobacco chewers just love oral sex.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
Everyone loves oral sex.

Guest

avatar
Guest
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:Speak to the nonsense issue....what more is there to say.

If you think climate change is bull sh1t then you think I'm spewing nonsense.

------------



... it you think it's bullshit... you're right ..


I said it was nonsense to say that there are only two possibilies...the earth was changing orbits , or it was man's doing.

Speak to that.



Last edited by JTF on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
heh true... I would think..

But I was more refering to when they are researching the people who end up with throat cancer.. I would bet 20 years ago they never thought to ask do you like performing oral sex?????

So what does that do to the numbers of throat cancers and such? They say perhaps 30%.. maybe its far higher

(just like how they have discovered that certain ulcers are primarily caused by a virus and have nothing at all to do with eating or drinking anything)


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

Ex-Pat-Pegger

avatar
newbie
The Earth is not changing orbit. Not in such a short time span as 100 years. It has an orbital cycle of about 100,000 years but not 100 years.

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
No worries, our children and children's children will feel the effects of our wasteful actions, and be utterly dissapointed in our indifferent attitute towards the environment. They'll see it for what it really is, but by that time, it'll likely be too late.



Last edited by EdWin on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest

avatar
Guest
As for the sun's low cycle argument, I would posit that unless the orbit of our planet has moved closer or farther away from our life giving star, we are likely the cause of changes in our atmosphere.

incognito

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
Ex-Pat-Pegger wrote:

Even it you think it's bullshit...what if you're wrong? If you're right then you can say I told you so, however, if you wrong and did nothing, then you have to explain to your grandchildren why you chose to do nothing despite all of warnings you received.

Pascal's Wager? The parallels between religious zealots and climate alarmists are ominous.

People tend to think of the future in 20 year segments; this is selfish.

Says who?

Like the Iroquois said, we should think of the consequences of our decisions on the next seven generations.

Where are they now?


_________________
Just stirring the pot.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum