the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

PROVINCE ACKNOWLEDGES ABORIGINAL VETERANS DAY

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

death128


contributor
contributor
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
death128 wrote:Meh. Between 2 Million and 100 Million Native Americans DIED after 1492. And yes, every single service person deserves special praise today. Aboriginal VETERANS deserve something for what they went through, especially in Manitoba as we have the highest proportion of Aboriginals.

So in other words, Aboriginal veterans are superior to other Canadian veterans?

Why would you say that?

death128

avatar
contributor
contributor
Goth_chic wrote:Wow death128...your thinking is one of the reasons why natives have such a sense of entitlement. Get over it and get on with your lives. Start treating yourselves and others with the same respect you keep demanding. I use to feel for the natives now I just find myself annoyed. Always wanting more and more from the taxpayers...time to stand up and become accountable.

'Start treating yourselves and others with the same respect you keep demanding.'

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
LOL...mmmkay death128. Love the way you answer.


_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

death128

avatar
contributor
contributor
lol. If you just accept my views this all wouldn't matter!

LMAO Entitlement.

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
What else would you call it? I am sick and tired of these chiefs whining constantly yet doing nothing with the millions of dollars they are given. I am sick and tired of the term racist/racism used when natives are just as racist. I am sick and tired of the very people who complain sit and do nothing to improve their lot in life. Do my views make me racist? If so then I am racist.


_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

death128

avatar
contributor
contributor
I don't think that you're racist, babez.

'If you were a cop and I took your wallet because you owed me money and I had to feed my kids (but you're disputing that fact because I owe you for something else), you will fight for it. Others will fight with you for what they see is right. While others that don't know the situation or know that you owe me money might fight against you. And others will think we're all a bunch of uncivilized louts for fighting ALL THE TIME. You'd obviously win any arguments because you're a cop and the judge's would favour your judgment.'

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
death128 wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
death128 wrote:Meh. Between 2 Million and 100 Million Native Americans DIED after 1492. And yes, every single service person deserves special praise today. Aboriginal VETERANS deserve something for what they went through, especially in Manitoba as we have the highest proportion of Aboriginals.

So in other words, Aboriginal veterans are superior to other Canadian veterans?

Why would you say that?

Because that is what this thread is about. Why do some vets gets their own special race based day? Seems to me that sets them apart. Makes them feel more special. and that is wrong.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

LivingDead

avatar
general-contributor
general-contributor
Deank wrote:
death128 wrote:
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
death128 wrote:Meh. Between 2 Million and 100 Million Native Americans DIED after 1492. And yes, every single service person deserves special praise today. Aboriginal VETERANS deserve something for what they went through, especially in Manitoba as we have the highest proportion of Aboriginals.

So in other words, Aboriginal veterans are superior to other Canadian veterans?

Why would you say that?

Because that is what this thread is about. Why do some vets gets their own special race based day? Seems to me that sets them apart. Makes them feel more special. and that is wrong.

Agreed.

And death128, that is some vague numbers you posted. between 2 mill and 100 mill after 1492.

100 million would have been over 1/5th the the world's population.


About.Com
Aug 12 2009
The world population has grown
tremendously over the past two thousand years. In 1999, the world
population passed the six billion mark.
Latest official current world population estimate, for mid-year 2009, is estimated at 6,790,062,216.The chart below shows past world population data back to the year one
and future world population projections through the year 2050.World Population Growth


Year Population
1 200 million
1000 275 million
1500 450 million
1650 500 million
1750 700 million
1804 1 billion
1850 1.2 billion
1900 1.6 billion
1927 2 billion
1950 2.55 billion
1955 2.8 billion
1960 3 billion
1965 3.3 billion
1970 3.7 billion
1975 4 billion
1980 4.5 billion
1985 4.85 billion
1990 5.3 billion
1995 5.7 billion
1999 6 billion
2006 6.5 billion
2009 6.8 billion
2011 7 billion
2025 8 billion
2050 9.4 billion


_________________
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." -- Margaret Thatcher


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGL8CiUtXF0
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

LivingDead

avatar
general-contributor
general-contributor
death128 wrote:I don't think that you're racist, babez.

'If you were a cop and I took your wallet because you owed me money and I had to feed my kids (but you're disputing that fact because I owe you for something else), you will fight for it. Others will fight with you for what they see is right. While others that don't know the situation or know that you owe me money might fight against you. And others will think we're all a bunch of uncivilized louts for fighting ALL THE TIME. You'd obviously win any arguments because you're a cop and the judge's would favour your judgment.'

Persecution Mania?


_________________
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." -- Margaret Thatcher


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGL8CiUtXF0
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

death128

avatar
contributor
contributor
LivingDead wrote:
death128 wrote:I don't think that you're racist, babez.

'If you were a cop and I took your wallet because you owed me money and I had to feed my kids (but you're disputing that fact because I owe you for something else), you will fight for it. Others will fight with you for what they see is right. While others that don't know the situation or know that you owe me money might fight against you. And others will think we're all a bunch of uncivilized louts for fighting ALL THE TIME. You'd obviously win any arguments because you're a cop and the judge's would favour your judgment.'

Persecution Mania?

'aint it great when one segment of society is better then the rest?'

?

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
What are you trying to say death128? Try to stay focused, on topic. The police have absolutely zero to do with this thread. Start another thread to pursue your persecution agenda with the police.


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

death128

avatar
contributor
contributor
The 'cop' thing was just referencing an earlier post regarding an example of why this type of day is necessary and in no way ties to my 'get more aboriginals in the WPS... NOW' agenda.

There are items wrong with the quoted items or I'm just referencing them in regards to what was said. It takes a lot of my time and I can't be explaining fully everything I do... I'd be explaining my whole life to everyone individually and even then most people won't see my point of view until they actually live through it... which is impossible

LivingDead

avatar
general-contributor
general-contributor
death128 wrote:
LivingDead wrote:
death128 wrote:I don't think that you're racist, babez.

'If you were a cop and I took your wallet because you owed me money and I had to feed my kids (but you're disputing that fact because I owe you for something else), you will fight for it. Others will fight with you for what they see is right. While others that don't know the situation or know that you owe me money might fight against you. And others will think we're all a bunch of uncivilized louts for fighting ALL THE TIME. You'd obviously win any arguments because you're a cop and the judge's would favour your judgment.'

Persecution Mania?


'aint it great when one segment of society is better then the rest?'

?

Death128.

You and I are a lot alike; We are both humans, we both are natives
(native to the planet earth), and we are both Male. We share the same
blood and bone color, we both have hair.

But for some reason you tend to focus your posts (attention) on the persecution of a visibly identifiable minority of Canada. You seem to get irritated or aroused by the this subject, which leads me to ask the question, do you suffer from persecution mania?

I feel sad for the loss of culture and pride of Canada's aboriginal people. But generations have come and gone since, it is time to heal. Canada's aboriginal people are not the first nor will they be the last to be conquered. Much of Europe Afrika and Asia ,have over the span of time been subjugated, conquered and enslaved. Some how the human race continued, we are after all a very industrious resourceful and ambitious race.

In my opinion, Canada's aboriginal population and our government must work together to end this mollycoddling.

There is a way, it wont be easy. But nothing worth living for is easy.

I find it sad that the only thing going on now days is the finger pointing and bickering between the aboriginals and Canada. Its time for aboriginals to take responsibility for themselves and their futures. Work to change, not complain about change.


_________________
"The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." -- Margaret Thatcher


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGL8CiUtXF0
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

death128

avatar
contributor
contributor
Lol. Nah... I just say you owe me money, copper... And I have to feed my kids...

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
death128 wrote:Lol. Nah... I just say you owe me money, copper... And I have to feed my kids...

Well if you have to feed your kids get a job...I seriously do not understand this whole copper thing you keep saying. If more aboriginals want to become cops then why don't they apply? My best friend is a guard at the remand centre and has told me that hardly any natives apply. They are asking for natives plus making it easier for natives to become corrections officers. Why aren't they jumping at that opportunity?

Guest

avatar
Guest
Goth_chic wrote:I seriously do not understand this whole copper thing you keep saying.

That makes two of us.

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
death128 wrote:Lol. Nah... I just say you owe me money, copper... And I have to feed my kids...
Great response. No wonder no one understands your point of view.

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
HurtinAlbertan wrote:
Goth_chic wrote:I seriously do not understand this whole copper thing you keep saying.

That makes two of us.

That goes for most people.

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
death128 wrote:lol. If you just accept my views this all wouldn't matter!

LMAO Entitlement.
Yes, ENTITLEMENT. Ask your buddy Terry Nelson all about it. Todays Native society has the mentality that everything needs to be handed to them on a silver platter, and that the rest of Canada needs to bow down to their every demand. I blame the Canadian goverment, past and present, for being enablers of this behavioral mentality.

Guest

avatar
Guest
Every one says get over it and move on why do you not tell the Jews to get over the holocaust and move on or the Ukrainians to get over the wrongs to their society .
My point is that as Goth has said some of their problems they are the solution to, some of the hatred go,s to deep to just get over it . Up until the last 20 years there was no wreath laid for them at your ceremony nor did they get to participate . They put one out for the women of the war, but did not even acknowledge the Natives . Well they should not get their own day , please check the history of how they have not always been equal .

Saying to get over it to me is a cop out for some of the wrongs done by this nation . Well it has improved there is still a long way to go.

Guest

avatar
Guest
One has no future if they continue to live in the past.

Guest

avatar
Guest
JTF wrote:One has no future if they continue to live in the past.

Don't tell that to Zander... silent

Guest

avatar
Guest
Heh...we no longer speak.

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Pavolo wrote:Every one says get over it and move on why do you not tell the Jews to get over the holocaust and move on or the Ukrainians to get over the wrongs to their society .
My point is that as Goth has said some of their problems they are the solution to, some of the hatred go,s to deep to just get over it . Up until the last 20 years there was no wreath laid for them at your ceremony nor did they get to participate . They put one out for the women of the war, but did not even acknowledge the Natives . Well they should not get their own day , please check the history of how they have not always been equal .

Saying to get over it to me is a cop out for some of the wrongs done by this nation . Well it has improved there is still a long way to go.

The Jews and the Ukrainians have gotten over it, there is a big difference between those 2 ethnic groups and the natives. The Jews and Ukrainians are a self sufficient people, they do not depend on tax payers to pay for their lives.....they work hard to pay for their own. They remember what happened in the past they do not dwell on it. If you ask me, the holocaust was more recent and more brutal then anything that happened to the natives. If the natives have a problem they should really take it up with the British Empire, the treaties were signed by the British, not my family.

Guest

avatar
Guest
I agree that the Ukrainians have gotten over it....but the Jews? I thought that Jews were genetically predisposed to keeping it alive. Wink

Guest

avatar
Guest
Let's not forget the Canadians with Japanses background. They where confined to internment camps during the war. They have forgiven us.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum