the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Who should be Canada's next Governor-General?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who should be Canada's next Governor-General?

27% 27% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
18% 18% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
45% 45% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Miz point


uber-contributor
uber-contributor
When Adrienne Clarkson was nominated I was wondering what they had been drinking when her name was put forth.....as to Michaelle Jean I think she has been a great representative. My feeling about this position is that it should go to someone with a solid service record and not because of political stripes.

http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Miz Point you wrote:

Dallaire is not to blame for the debacle in Rwanda - the bloated UN is to blame.

I know that the UN should be to blame except he was still the Cdn General that led the mission and it was the "Cdn Parliament etc that he had to report to etc"...and one way or the other Miz Point I personally have never blamed him for the debacle in Rwanda...

Miz Point you also wrote:

How could Dallaire's appointment if that were to happen become a minefield for the Feds? I do not see your "reasoning".

Because he has "Military Ties/Background etc" and with the continuing Afghanistan mission and or controversy with the Afghanistan detainees etc...He could certainly come back to haunt the Government because he has inside knowledge as to how the military works etc...

And then because the Quebec factor has to also be weigh in and Quebec is generally not entirely pro military...and also because Quebec is also not entirely pro GG to begin with and he is also a Lib if I am not mistaking...

And GG's are usually picked from a pool of not so controversial figures which anybody tied in with the military would be...Especially right now with Afghanistan etc...

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
So you say.......Dallaire is highly respected in this country and abroad. Your theories are just that.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Miz Point you wrote:

So you say.......Dallaire is highly respected in this country and abroad. Your theories are just that.

And I will offer you a friendly bet...I'll buy you lunch if I am wrong...and you buy me lunch if it is more than a theory LOL!...

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Rwanda and Afghanistan are two completely separate issues. Dallaire is not a part of the mission in Afghanistan. Dallaire is retired. Dallaire was in a peacekeeping mission and NOT a NATO mission....get your facts straight as there are at least two of us on this board who have been involved in NATO theatres of Ops and Peacekeeping endeavours as military personnel and civilian liaisons.

It is a huge leap of logic to try to tie in Dallaire with the clusterf**k of Afghanistan, a mostly American-produced clusterf**k if there ever was.

Dallaire would make a fine representative as Governor General.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Oh well Miz Point I still stand were I stand on the issue relating to General Romeo and in relation with him becoming the next GG because I firmly believe he will not be Canada's next GG one way or the other...

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Jesus Christ....I never said he would be either....I only said he would be a FINE CHOICE. What is it with you? Nevermind - that is a rhetorical question.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
lol!

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
What the hell do you have against our Military? Were you rejected at one point in your life? You speak of issues without accurate information. You speak not even conjecture but more like nonsense in the sense that you make extrapolations from simple statements that are not germane to the original statement.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
lol!

djh

avatar
contributor
contributor
our military "women" get together frequently at solid gold night club on tuesday nights. i love the military, except for the butches.

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
djh you wrote:

our military "women" get together frequently at solid gold night club on tuesday nights. i love the military, except for the butches.

Now, now djh I am trying to end this and simply move on...

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Still up to your same bullshite.....


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
djh wrote:our military "women" get together frequently at solid gold night club on tuesday nights. i love the military, except for the butches.

And as for you......?? One word -
Thought you had left already. Guess we are not that lucky.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Miz Point is there a reason why you must turn to all this non sense when you lose a debate?

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
There is no debate. GET IT? Buh-bye.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

djh

avatar
contributor
contributor
miz p, youre a disgusting homo. when im barred from here that will not change. i wonder if you want to return to the jewish community who rejected you.

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Miz Point you wrote:

There is no debate. GET IT? Buh-bye.

Great and that also means no more non sense from Miz Point. Get it...Bye-bye.

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
djh wrote:miz p, youre a disgusting homo. when im barred from here that will not change. i wonder if you want to return to the jewish community who rejected you.

For the record so it cannot be deleted/edited by djh.....who as most of you already know, is wrong again as usual....sigh.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
GGF wrote:Miz Point you wrote:

There is no debate. GET IT? Buh-bye.

Great and that also means no more non sense from Miz Point. Get it...Bye-bye.

Because someone corrects you regarding your erroneous assumptions that is nonsense? Wow. Buh-bye....please.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Oh well I guess you just don't get it yet Miz Point and one way or the other...

Is there perhaps someone else that could be considered as our next GG and...

And maybe we should start a new thread and going back to what GOM said in an earlier post...

Perhaps we should also be debating if we need a Governor General and Lieutenant Governors? Time to cut the cord?

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Perhaps before you start typing GGF you should get a few facts straight. This is what is so intrinsically frustrating about you are your leaps of logic which usually take you to the bottom of a deep canyon - think about the Coyote going SPLAT!!! You do this every time someone calls you out and corrects you. And then you have the temerity to act as if you are a moderator?

Wow. Another derailment courtesy of GGF.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Freeman

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Rick Hansen and Daillaire would both be excellent choices. They would represent a pleasant departure from the traditional political appointments. Both are "self made" men.

And just to affirm the facts, Daillaire was the commander of a UN mission in Rwanda. He answered to the UN, period. As a result of what he saw and was unable to do, he suffered a career ending bout of post traumatic stress, but brought to light that no one is immune to PTSD, which was a great eye opener for the military. What the hell any of that has to do with the NATO operations in Afghanistan is anyone's guess.

GGF

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Miz Point you wrote:

Perhaps before you start typing GGF you should get a few facts straight. This is what is so intrinsically frustrating about you are your leaps of logic which usually take you to the bottom of a deep canyon - think about the Coyote going SPLAT!!! You do this every time someone calls you out and corrects you. And then you have the temerity to act as if you are a moderator?

Wow. Another derailment courtesy of GGF.

Miz Point so what on earth does any of what you said have anything to with who our next GG could perhaps be?...

Miz point

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Thank you Freeman for backing up my position. Dallaire will always have my respect and because of his service not only to Canada but in the international theatres in which he served he is so deserving of this honour should it be bestowed upon him.


_________________
Caesar is a salad dude
http://www.granhotelflores.blogspot.com

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
i would not in anyway support rick hansen as a GG. he is not deserving of the title or the office.

However having someone else who is disabled would make a good statement

i guess thats why Glen Murray, Stu Murray, and Deborah Grey are on the above list.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum