the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

NDP Are Going To Cut $2 Billion in Subsidies to the OilSands

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
And get the money over towards clean energy!
I am voting NDP!

FlyingRat

When you say "are going"... its sounds like the NDP have a chance of winning the election and forming the government! Saying "wish to" would be better wording....

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Northlands

contributor
contributor
Sooo they can use it to cover the extra 2 billion its going to cost to build power lines down the wrong side of the lake!!

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
thats 2 billion per year my dear northlands... Smile

Outsider

contributor plus
contributor plus
Up goes the price of gas.
Is this just a different way of having a carbon tax?

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
price of gas wont really go up as it is set by world wide market. BUT, it does make for less investment, so less jobs as well as less revenues from pulling oil out.

And they will put a carbon tax on top of this as well.

oh but green jobs will be "created" from carbon tax revenues dont worry........

vote CHP if you can and you will be voting for a better Canada.

Outsider

contributor plus
contributor plus
Deank wrote:price of gas wont really go up as it is set by world wide market. BUT, it does make for less investment, so less jobs as well as less revenues from pulling oil out.

And they will put a carbon tax on top of this as well.

oh but green jobs will be "created" from carbon tax revenues dont worry........

vote CHP if you can and you will be voting for a better Canada.
Does our biggest trading partner have carbon credits?
If the answer is no, why are we even considering it? scratch

Just think of all the Canadians flying out of American airports for vacations.

Northlands

contributor
contributor
Deank wrote:thats 2 billion per year my dear northlands... Smile

This is why I shouldn't drink and post! Why the hell was I thinking Provincial, then oilsands? Jeeeezus...

Why hell, this is a great idea then. They can also force credit card companies at a fixed 5% interest rate and force banks to stop charging for convenience fees for using ATM's that don't belong to your bank! ( Right Pat Martin? ) Is there any possible way the Fed NDP's will actually gain ( additional ) a seat this election?

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
It's funny how Canadians think the ndp are right to run a province but so very wrong to run a country...

I think we can all agree we need jobs. Lot's of well paying jobs. Taxing the bejesus outta the companies that create and keep such jobs is not the way to do it.

Now I suppose I'll deal with the jibber-jabber about too many jobs being too low paying. So I'll invite debate instead of scorn: how do we create more high paying jobs?

Education seems pretty obvious. So let's find a way to provide more Canadians with that education.

What else?

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

Iggy wants to have the taxpayer pay for everyone's university education eh. Ya. That'll do it eh. Rolling Eyes

Usually, when Layton flapps his lips, I couldn't care less as his chance of being PM is zero.

However, in this present coalition situation, Layton could easily become a force in the new parliament.....

Can you imagine him as Finance Minister?

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Northlands wrote:
Deank wrote:thats 2 billion per year my dear northlands... Smile

This is why I shouldn't drink and post! Why the hell was I thinking Provincial, then oilsands? Jeeeezus...

Why hell, this is a great idea then. They can also force credit card companies at a fixed 5% interest rate and force banks to stop charging for convenience fees for using ATM's that don't belong to your bank! ( Right Pat Martin? ) Is there any possible way the Fed NDP's will actually gain ( additional ) a seat this election?

Kevin L is probably losing his back to the NDP

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
JTF wrote:Iggy wants to have the taxpayer pay for everyone's university education eh. Ya. That'll do it eh. Rolling Eyes

Except he doesn't ... he is mostly funding it by taking away already existing credits for tuition and books.

aint that awesome?

Northlands

contributor
contributor
grumpy old man wrote:It's funny how Canadians think the ndp are right to run a province but so very wrong to run a country...

I think we can all agree we need jobs. Lot's of well paying jobs. Taxing the bejesus outta the companies that create and keep such jobs is not the way to do it.

Now I suppose I'll deal with the jibber-jabber about too many jobs being too low paying. So I'll invite debate instead of scorn: how do we create more high paying jobs?

Education seems pretty obvious. So let's find a way to provide more Canadians with that education.

What else?

I'll give out some credit for the Manitoba NDP in comparison to the Federal NDP ( which to me is like picking my second least favorite treat out of 20 treats... ) , they haven't quite come out and made as ridiculous promises as the Fed version of their party has. The Fed version just seem spit out any suggestion and hope it sticks. Not much thought given out to whether or not anyone would consider it reasonable.

And Dean, I hope to heck you're wrong about Lamoureux , but I don't live in the area so I don't have a feel for who they want. I'm sure Rebecca Blaikie will have a heck of a team for her campaign though..

I fuu uucken hate it when some sons-of-bitches believe that politics is a family business!!!

I hope Blakie is soundly dumped!!

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Matters little if she is dumped. Its obvious from the turn out of NDP supporters at her rally and the support from the party leadership that she will simply keep trying and trying until she gets a seat somewhere, anywhere, does not matter. Hell she probably already has her MLA area to run chosen for her.

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Also.... Although Kevin L is a great guy he is after all a Liberal and the Liberal promises put forward in their new red book will in my opinion bankrupt the nation and force my great grandchildren to be paying off our debt until the day they retire. ( if there is enough food around to keep them alive that long)

The clear choice then is to vote CONSERVATIVE!!!

Keep the incestuos bastards and the spendthrifts out of government.

JT Estoban

major-contributor
major-contributor
I say it's time for a write-in candidate = None of the above!

JT Estoban

major-contributor
major-contributor
I don't like any of them.

These are the same gaggle of clowns that were in the last half dozen elections and still the same result.

New candidates please.

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
There is no way a conservative who does not live in the area and does not appear to be putting in an effort will win Winnipeg North.

A conservative who actually engaged the people and worked his/her a$$ off could take it. But apparently that wont be happening.

There is no CHP rep in my area just yet, and the greens have gone to far into social programming that has nothing to do with being green, and their green programs are ridiculous and will have no impact on the environment.

For the first time ever in my life I am actually considering not exercising my right to vote and that makes me feel ashamed.

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
JT Estoban wrote:I don't like any of them.

These are the same gaggle of clowns that were in the last half dozen elections and still the same result.

New candidates please.

heh lets implement a new election strategy.

If you dont increase your number of votes by 10% over the last election, even if you win you are tossed out and the next person in line (who has increased their votes by at least 10%) gets in. In the event you are running as a party candidate whoever your party rep was before is the person you are matched against. If you are tossed.. your vote count is reset to zero in the next election.

given that our number of voters is always going down, the incumbent would never be the winner Smile

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
and now the NDP want to "give" you $35000 to build a suite on your house.

JT Estoban wrote:

The Conservative candidate is new.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum