the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

More Potential New Stadium Problems

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:51 pm

trebor204


newbie
JTF wrote:I don't know of many stadiums that are built in residential areas though. For the most part, that is where ours is being built.
Edmonton, Regina and Hamilton.
Ivor Wynne Stadium is surrounded on 3 sides by residential areas.
http://maps.google.ca/?ll=43.252994,-79.828355&spn=0.00286,0.016512&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=43.252997,-79.828358&panoid=t57PQBMpNjaqOz2tjbyNhQ&cbp=11,178.06,,0,0

77 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:44 pm

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
This is another non-problem for Loserpegs reporting crews, as the U of Manitoba reported another 6000 parking stalls are in the process of being constructed, and all the residents on all sides , realizing they can rent out their front lawns for $5 per vehicle and sell beer for $5 per!


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

78 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:27 pm

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
rosencrentz wrote:This is another non-problem for Loserpegs reporting crews, as the U of Manitoba reported another 6000 parking stalls are in the process of being constructed, and all the residents on all sides , realizing they can rent out their front lawns for $5 per vehicle and sell beer for $5 per!

Rolling Eyes

79 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:21 am

Guest

avatar
Guest
trebor204 wrote:
JTF wrote:I don't know of many stadiums that are built in residential areas though. For the most part, that is where ours is being built.
Edmonton, Regina and Hamilton.
Ivor Wynne Stadium is surrounded on 3 sides by residential areas.
]

Edmonton and Regina stadiums appear to be in non-residential areas as far as I'm concerned.

[url=http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=commonwealth+stadium&hl=en&ll=51.917168,-110.610352&spn=16.864119,56.118164&radius=15000&t=h&z=5&layer=c&cbll=53.558553,-113.474302&panoid=_dqGDjs5UgrCibMnwkL6Ww&cbp=12,85.61,,0,19.75]http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=commonwealth+stadium&hl=en&ll=51.917168,-110.610352&spn=16.864119,56.118164&radius=15000&t=h&z=5&layer=c&cbll=53.558553,-113.474302&panoid=_dqGDjs5UgrCibMnwkL6Ww&cbp=12,85.61,,0,19.75

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=taylor+field+stadium+regina&hl=en&ll=50.451003,-104.625359&spn=0.008826,0.027401&sll=53.558553,-113.474302&sspn=0.000997,0.003425&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=50.451003,-104.625359&panoid=N_zK0ia5vKAwtR2DbZBhkw&cbp=12,56.05,,0,10.5

80 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:34 am

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Great being able to see everything . Edmonto stadium seems to be surrounded by residential housing.


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

81 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Our existing stadium seems to be surrounded by residential housing also....but it really isn't.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=canada+inn+stadium&ll=49.88858,-97.192633&spn=0.008585,0.027401&fb=1&gl=ca&cid=0,0,10434551929939506011&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

82 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Here's where our new one is being built....

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=canada+inn+stadium&ll=49.802901,-97.148237&spn=0.017201,0.054803&fb=1&gl=ca&cid=0,0,10434551929939506011&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A

83 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:37 pm

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium is right in the middle of a residential area. One of my boss's lives in a house directly across the street from it. It's a much older residential neighborhood, and on the sketchy side of things.

84 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Guest

avatar
Guest
Would you say that our present stadium is right in the middle of the West End?

85 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:54 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Commonwealth Stadium looks like it is plunked down in very much a residential area. With almost zero parking. Looks like Mosaic Stadium is also. Mind you that stadium is right downtown.

Not sure what you are inferring with the west end comment jtf. Is that a reference to the fact the Winnipeg stadium is in the south Winnipeg suburbs?

I have some questions.

1) Does the fact the land costs were free at the U of M mean anything? Locate that stadium anywhere near downtown/west end and the land costs soar.
2) Does the fact the U of M Bisons also have a top notch facility to play in right on their campus mean anything? The Bisons, and the University were in desperate need of new athletic facilities.
3) Will access to rapid transit make any difference down the road?


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

86 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:47 am

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
This a huge plus for the Bisons who average 175 paid seats per game. mayor Katz figures if the attendance goes up tp 31,000 per game a 12% increase the City will be able to pay for an extra hour per month for his helicopter!


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

87 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 am

Guest

avatar
Guest
Not sure what you are inferring with the west end comment jtf. Is that a reference to the fact the Winnipeg stadium is in the south Winnipeg suburbs?

My point was that when looking at a map, it appears that CanadaInn stadium is in the middle (side actually) of a residential area.

However, I don't think many Winnipeggers think that the stadium is in the west end...or that Polo Park is a residential area.

88 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 am

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
"The Bisons, and the University were in desperate need of new athletic facilities."

not really.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

89 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 am

sputnik

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
My brother-in-law played for the Calgary Colts and he said that the locker rooms at the CanadInns stadium were by FAR the worst he had ever seen.

90 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:26 am

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Deank wrote:"The Bisons, and the University were in desperate need of new athletic facilities."

not really.
No, really...


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

91 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:56 am

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
nope


other then the bathrooms needing some fixup for the outdoor stadium.. The Uni just got the largest freestanding indoor soccer complex in Western Canada built for them that the football and other sports teams has the ability to use year round.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

92 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 pm

FlyingRat

avatar
moderator
moderator
So, how many residents live in Southwood Golf & Country club, exactly???


_________________
Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

93 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Electrician

avatar
general-contributor
general-contributor
I heard the construction is going along pretty well. Any photos or comments?


_________________
A new revolutionary Light Rail Transit system is coming to Winnipeg! (Only if I become Mayor)
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1416203996

94 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:55 pm

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Construction is ahead of plan because there has been no rain in the last 90 days.


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

95 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Now we just need a winning team.. LOL


_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

96 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:20 pm

USApegger

avatar
contributor
contributor
WE haved a winning team, first place in the East, 7-3 overall

97 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 am

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
I didn't read any of the above recent posts. Are we worryying about "potential" problems for any specific reason? Aren't there people being paid to look after those potential problems?

Perhaps we think those people are checking out our advise? lol


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

98 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 am

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
USApegger wrote:WE haved a winning team, first place in the East, 7-3 overall

I was kidding note the LOL.

I hope the players now stop with that swaggerville bs and start worrying about playing football. Go Bombers!


_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

99 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 am

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
When one looks at last year 4-14 record and how many games we lost by under 5 points, then we can come to the conclusion that this year we are 7 points better, hence the 7-3 record.

Saskatchewan beat us pretty thoroughly in 2 straight games.

Our defence against the accurate passing , was pretty lame for a "swaggering" team, but we are 7-3 in a very competive market, and next week against Montreal should give us an accurate comparison of our team!


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

100 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:44 am

Goth_chic

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
I hope they start Brink instead of Buck.


_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

101 Re: More Potential New Stadium Problems on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:12 am

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Buck has simply not delivered despite a half season of full support from the team, his team-mates and the fans..

Brink may not be the answer but Buck has proven this year that he is not the answer either. That is why I did not like the Bombers decision to trade Jyles.

Too bad. Very disappointing as I had very high hopes for Buck.


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum