the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jets Logo Unveiling

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club would like to advise the public of a

LOGO UNVEILING

WINNNIPEG JETS WILL UNVEIL THEIR NEW LOGO ON WWW.WINNIPEGJETS.COM

Friday, July 22nd at 4:00 p.m. CT

All Fans and Media are advised to log on to www.winnipegjets.com at 4:00 p.m. as the hockey club will unveil their new logo online.

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

2 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:02 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator

3 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:09 pm

USApegger

contributor
contributor
I love it!!

4 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 pm

eViL tRoLl

contributor plus
contributor plus
Meh. Interesting that they would build it on the heritage of an Ottawa team and not use a link to something from Manitoba or Winnipeg. The writing also looks a bit like Labatts Blue.
Big line-up at the Jets Store - go get your gear.

Last edited by eViL tRoLl on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:23 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Ottawa team?

No connection to Winnipeg?

6 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm

eViL tRoLl

contributor plus
contributor plus
grumpy old man wrote:Ottawa team?
The logo reflects the RCAF Flyers that were an Ottawa team. Nice heritage though as they won a gold medal.

7 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
The Jets did confirm they worked with the RCAF on the logo. I assume it was partly due to the fact that the RCAF Headquarters are in Winnipeg.

8 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Van halen logo dude

9 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:17 pm

eViL tRoLl

contributor plus
contributor plus
grumpy old man wrote:The Jets did confirm they worked with the RCAF on the logo. I assume it was partly due to the fact that the RCAF Headquarters are in Winnipeg.
I thought that National Defense Headquarters were in Ottawa.

10 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Outsider

contributor plus
contributor plus
I do not understand why people would want to stand in line for 2 or 3 hours just to get a t-shirt or cap with the new logo. scratch

11 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:29 pm

USApegger

contributor
contributor
Outsider wrote:I do not understand why people would want to stand in line for 2 or 3 hours just to get a t-shirt or cap with the new logo. scratch

Because they are fans, I was there, couldn't get in, went to Moxies instead, will try tomorrow

12 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 pm

wpg_idiot

contributor
contributor
I don't like the logo. There was plenty of great concepts out there, I don't understand why they picked this one. Yes, I am pro military, but what does this logo have to do with Winnipeg? We have 17th wing, which consists entirely of Hercules aircraft. We don't even have the defense contracts to maintain our jet fighters. The logo should have just been a jet (of some sort), highlighting Winnipeg's aerospace industry.

On the plus side, at least people will know this is a Canadian team, and our fly boys get some recognition.

13 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 am

Deank

contributor eminence
contributor eminence
Most new teams change stuff in the first year or two so chilly willy dudes

14 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 am

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
wpg_idiot wrote:Yes, I am pro military, but what does this logo have to do with Winnipeg? We have 17th wing, which consists entirely of Hercules aircraft. We don't even have the defense contracts to maintain our jet fighters. The logo should have just been a jet (of some sort), highlighting Winnipeg's aerospace industry.

Did'ja miss this: I assume it was partly due to the fact that the RCAF Headquarters are in Winnipeg.

15 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:54 am

Electrician

general-contributor
general-contributor
I like the one on the lower right. I guess the jerseys will be gold, or else the silver in the crests should be gold.

16 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 am

Considering the Benny Haskins pulled "The Jets" idea from between his buttocks, I congratulate the designer for bringing the logo into the present.

He named the team after the New York Jets, so there isn't a connection to anything here in Winnipeg, so the tie-in is esoteric.

It's a nice retro design that will be accepted eventually. (Great lettering imo.)

That's my take.

17 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:27 am

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
There never should be a change because what was used 16 years ago was accepted and ths will bring too much traffic to many streets and wear the streets out!

18 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:41 pm

JTF wrote:Considering the Benny Haskins pulled "The Jets" idea from between his buttocks, I congratulate the designer for bringing the logo into the present.

He named the team after the New York Jets, so there isn't a connection to anything here in Winnipeg, so the tie-in is esoteric.

It's a nice retro design that will be accepted eventually. (Great lettering (font) imo.)

That's my take.

19 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Sourpuss

major-contributor
major-contributor
I like it. Clean. Agressive. Simple. Uncluttered.

http://www.citizensourpuss.wordpress.com

20 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Bartron

major-contributor
major-contributor
grumpy old man wrote:
wpg_idiot wrote:Yes, I am pro military, but what does this logo have to do with Winnipeg? We have 17th wing, which consists entirely of Hercules aircraft. We don't even have the defense contracts to maintain our jet fighters. The logo should have just been a jet (of some sort), highlighting Winnipeg's aerospace industry.

Did'ja miss this: I assume it was partly due to the fact that the RCAF Headquarters are in Winnipeg.

The Airforce has not been called the RCAF since1968. And the headquarters is in Ottawa not Winnipeg.

21 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:29 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Bartron wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:

The Airforce has not been called the RCAF since1968. And the headquarters is in Ottawa not Winnipeg.
http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/page-eng.asp?id=24

As the senior Air Force officer in the Canadian military, the Commander of Air Command and Chief of the Air Staff, acts as an advisor to the Chief of the Defence Staff on stategic Air Force issues. He is also responsible for training, generating and maintaining combat capable, multi-purpose air forces to meet Canada's defence objectives. The operational and tactical control of the Air Force rests with the Commander of 1 Canadian Air Division (1 Cdn Air Div), headquartered in Winnipeg. Tactical control is vested in the 13 Wings, equivalent elements and units that comprise 1 Cdn Air Div. Canadian NORAD Region Headquarters (CANR) is integrated into the headquarters in Winnipeg. The Commander of 1 Cdn Air Div also commands CANR.
Command and Control

The Commander of Air Command and the Chief of the Air Staff, Lieutenant-General André Deschamps, located at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa, commands and provides strategic direction for the Air Force.

The Commander of 1 Canadian Air Division and Canadian NORAD Region, Major-General Yvan Blondin is based in Winnipeg. He is responsible for the operational command and control of Air Force activities throughout Canada and world-wide.

22 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Bartron

major-contributor
major-contributor
grumpy old man wrote:
Bartron wrote:
grumpy old man wrote:

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/page-eng.asp?id=24

As the senior Air Force officer in the Canadian military, the Commander of Air Command and Chief of the Air Staff, acts as an advisor to the Chief of the Defence Staff on stategic Air Force issues. He is also responsible for training, generating and maintaining combat capable, multi-purpose air forces to meet Canada's defence objectives. The operational and tactical control of the Air Force rests with the Commander of 1 Canadian Air Division (1 Cdn Air Div), headquartered in Winnipeg. Tactical control is vested in the 13 Wings, equivalent elements and units that comprise 1 Cdn Air Div. Canadian NORAD Region Headquarters (CANR) is integrated into the headquarters in Winnipeg. The Commander of 1 Cdn Air Div also commands CANR.

Actually your right, it's the entire department of national defense that is HQ'd at Ottawa

23 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:06 pm

eViL tRoLl

contributor plus
contributor plus
Bartron wrote:
Actually your right, it's the entire department of national defense that is HQ'd at Ottawa
Not entirely right as there is no RCAF, just adminstration of Air Command. And as noted earlier, no jets stationed. The connection of the logo between hockey and air force is the RCAF Flyers, an Ottawa hockey team that won gold medal in 1948.

24 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:08 pm

grumpy old man

administrator
administrator
Whatever.

25 Re: Jets Logo Unveiling on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:33 am

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
I thought Mark Chipmans explanation was pretty lame, but I am just so elated that We got The JETS back, finally, that "who cares?" about a Logo with a Jet on it!! It just doesn't matter!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum