the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm


You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 pm

eViL tRoLl

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
So I went to the gym this evening expecting to watch the game on big screen. Gym is fairly busy but I score a spot on a cardio machine, and as I look up to watch the game I see .... Leafs vs. Rangers ... WTF! and in a fairly busy gym no-one was trying to change channels or complain or something. WTF!

2 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:42 pm

trebor204

avatar
newbie
The game was on TSN-Jets. If you are with Shaw, you would need a digital cable box. It is possible that the gym did not digital cable.

3 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:38 am

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Yup. Winnipeg has given up on the Jets. I'm surprised the Jets lasted nine games given the extreme bozoic nature of some Winnipeggers...


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

4 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
The answer is NO"!!!!


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

5 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:37 am

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
Well, I was expecting this to be a rosencrentz troll thread, but I was still right in that a specific "troll" still created this thread Smile

6 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 am

Guest

avatar
Guest
eViL tRoLl wrote:So I went to the gym this evening expecting to watch the game on big screen. Gym is fairly busy but I score a spot on a cardio machine, and as I look up to watch the game I see .... Leafs vs. Rangers ... WTF! and in a fairly busy gym no-one was trying to change channels or complain or something. WTF!

Why didn't you change the channel?

7 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 am

eViL tRoLl

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
[quote="JTF] change the channel?[/quote]

no public access to that. I certainly asked the attendant change it right when I noticed the wrong game, but it didn't happen while I was there ...

8 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 am

Deank

avatar
contributor eminence
contributor eminence
or....

MOST people who care about the Jets are at the game, or at a bar or home watching the game as their planned activity.


_________________
Why do we call them fingers if no one has ever seen them fing?

9 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Deank wrote:or....

MOST people who care about the Jets are at the game, or at a bar or home watching the game as their planned activity.
I think you've missed the point. Winnipeg has given up on the Jets... sarcasm end


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

10 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:52 pm

jimj_wpg

avatar
contributor
contributor
The Winnipeg Jets are but a passing fad...

11 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm

EdWin

avatar
major-contributor
major-contributor
jimj_wpg wrote:The Winnipeg Jets are but a passing fad...

You just keep telling yourself that.

12 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Outsider

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
Stuff like this is not going to help

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2011/10/26/18883226.html

Scroll down to the Winnipeg ticket prices.

13 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 pm

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
"Not going to help" what?

Is this another "Chicken Little - the world is ending"prediction? Don't people get tired of being a negative energy all the time?

Good lord I grow weary of such lame-a$$ people...


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

14 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Outsider

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
Don't jump on me because I did not jump on the Jets/NHL bandwagon.
I would rather watch the Olympic-style hockey.

15 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

Triniman

avatar
general-contributor
general-contributor
Having such pricey tickets means that more money gets pumped into our economy by the fans. That's a good thing, IMHO.


_________________
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through
our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that
democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'



― Isaac Asimov

16 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:44 am

Outsider

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
Triniman wrote:Having such pricey tickets means that more money gets pumped into our economy by the fans. That's a good thing, IMHO.
Also may mean other things are going to fall by the wayside because people blew their budgets on Jet tickets.
Why are Jet tickets so much more expensive than Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver anyway?

17 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:32 am

grumpy old man

avatar
administrator
administrator
Outsider wrote:Don't jump on me because I did not jump on the Jets/NHL bandwagon.
I would rather watch the Olympic-style hockey.
Nobody gives a sh1t that you did not "jump on the Jets bandwagon". It's the negative vibes 9 games in that I'm "jumping on you for"...

Outsider wrote:Why are Jet tickets so much more expensive than Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver anyway?
Did you even think about this?

Do the math:

Winnipeg 15004 98.27 $1,474,443.08 $61,926,609.36
Edmonton* 16839 70.13 $1,180,919.07 $49,598,600.94
Vancouver 18860 68.38 $1,289,646.80 $54,165,165.60
Calgary 19289 68.18 $1,315,124.02 $55,235,208.84
* Edmonton just announced a new arena. It's a good bet they'll have more than 16839 seats...

Some negative naysayers would be so much happier if Winnipeg ticket prices were lower so that everyone can buy tickets. This is a business. A business needs profit to survive. A smart business profits when the times are good to allow them to endure when times are less good.


_________________
Yes, I really am that Grumpy...

It's their, they're and there; in Canada it's colour, cheque, rumour and zed...

18 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:32 am

Outsider

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
grumpy old man wrote:
Outsider wrote:Don't jump on me because I did not jump on the Jets/NHL bandwagon.
I would rather watch the Olympic-style hockey.
Nobody gives a sh1t that you did not "jump on the Jets bandwagon". It's the negative vibes 9 games in that I'm "jumping on you for"...

Outsider wrote:Why are Jet tickets so much more expensive than Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver anyway?
Did you even think about this?

Do the math:

Winnipeg 15004 98.27 $1,474,443.08 $61,926,609.36
Edmonton* 16839 70.13 $1,180,919.07 $49,598,600.94
Vancouver 18860 68.38 $1,289,646.80 $54,165,165.60
Calgary 19289 68.18 $1,315,124.02 $55,235,208.84
* Edmonton just announced a new arena. It's a good bet they'll have more than 16839 seats...

Some negative naysayers would be so much happier if Winnipeg ticket prices were lower so that everyone can buy tickets. This is a business. A business needs profit to survive. A smart business profits when the times are good to allow them to endure when times are less good.

Thank-you for biting (and doing the math for everyone to see whats happening). Smile

19 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:13 am

rosencrentz

avatar
uber-contributor
uber-contributor
What a great game last night! The Jets played hard for 60 minutes and the result was an incredibly entertaining game on TV!

I cannot imagine what those who were there felt like, or those that were out at a pub, drinking with their friends felt like!

GO JETS GO !!


_________________
They cut my back open ! Help!
http://www.elansofas.com

20 Re: Is Winnipeg giving up on the Jets? on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 am

Outsider

avatar
contributor plus
contributor plus
Great effort by the Jets.
I think the coach may have found out the secret to "lighting a fire under the boys".
And all it cost him was a couple of plane tickets. Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum