the winnipeg sandbox

Latest topics

» Gord Steeves should run for Mayor
by FlyingRat Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:58 pm

» To discontinue?
by EdWin Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:26 pm

» Sandbox breakfast get-together, Saturday, January 25, 2014.
by rosencrentz Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

» 2013-14 Bisons/CIS Thread
by Hollywood Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm

» Katz must resign
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:09 pm

» Best Breakfast/Brunch
by cobragt Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

» Manitoba Action Party
by RogerStrong Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

» Police Respond to a silent alarm With Guns Drawn
by EdWin Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

» Details about Cineplex SuperTicket -- interesting promotion
by MattKel Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

» Freep locks out non-subscriber commentary
by Deank Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm

» 7-year sentence for Berlusconi
by FlyingRat Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:32 pm

» New Stadium
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

» Winnipeg News Android App
by grumpy old man Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 pm

» First Post
by grumpy old man Fri May 24, 2013 2:43 pm

» The New Sals at Pembina and Stafford
by grumpy old man Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

» Emma Watson wants to do nude scenes for 50 shades of grey movie
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 am

» Museum finally admits it needs to raise more money priovately.
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

» And You Thought Your Taxes Are High Now!!!
by FlyingRat Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

» free chocolate sample
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

» Do you want a gift certificate for A winnipeg restraunt?
by cobragt Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:12 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justin Trudeau- Tells the Conservative Minister That He Is A Sh it Head!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Who agrees?

I think "we" should have left the Conservatives in a minority situation!

Stonekiller

contributor
contributor
Why so the government can accomplish nothing for another 4 years?

As much as we live in a democratic society, aside from having the ability to vote Canadians have almost no ability to change policy such as electoral reform, or pretty much anything else. The conservatives have a majority government, and will continue to push their agenda, which some of it is good, and necessary, and some of it leaves little to be desired.

The biggest issue I find with any government is that they do what "they" think is best, not necessarily listening to what the people want. Perfect example, the F-35 Project, everyone agrees that Canada needs new fighter jets to defend our borders, and abroad. The CF18's are getting long in the tooth and need to be replaced. Having done some more research, I don't know if the F-35 is in Canada's best interest. It is a marvel of engineering, but honestly the plane isn't going to be ready for at least another 5 - 8 years. All this time it is becoming more and more expensive. Only a few days ago a number of design flaws were discovered that will shoot the project into Trillion Dollar mark for the Americans. Knowing all of this now, the Conservatives are still supporting this endeavour knowing full well that it is a boondoggle.

I predict that the next election, if the Liberals pull their collective heads out of their asses they could win a minority government, or form a coalition with the NDP, the first thing they will do is cancel that project, costing the taxpayers millions of dollars in contractual fees, and lost jobs in the aerospace industry. Just like the EH-101.

Good times will ensue... It would be nice if we could have a party that was truly capable of making sound decisions, that were based on public input, and levelheadedness. I believe that the conservatives need to be a bit more humble, and try to strike some balance in their legislation to be truly successful.

Triniman

general-contributor
general-contributor
Stonekiller wrote:It would be nice if we could have a party that was truly capable of making sound decisions, that were based on public input, and levelheadedness.

All parties say they will do this.

― Isaac Asimov

Stonekiller

contributor
contributor
Yeah I know but none seem to actually do it though.

rosencrentz

uber-contributor
uber-contributor
Why would a government with a majority bother to ask any one anything? All they would do , is do what their policy says that they were doing? That is what we have right now, and I am fine with all the hard nosed plans!

Having women wearing masks at their swearing in of their Canadian oath to become Canadians , is what we all want prevented!

Taking control of the aboriginal problem is what we all want.

Spending $100 Billion dollars on new planes when our infrastructure could use the boost is what we all want!

Certainly the meagre $100 million spent on the Museum isn't enough, when compared to the 1.4 Trillion dollars spent in the whole year!

Cancelling Kyota is a brilliant way to prevent 14 Billion dollars being wasted in fines. That prevents that money from being sent to poor countries to line the personal bank accounts of those Presidents for life in South Africa or South America!

Why elect a government that has to continually go back to the people for a decision?

I want a government to govern.

Triniman

general-contributor
general-contributor
JTF wrote:Why elect a government that has to continually go back to the people for a decision?

I don't know if that applies to the MB NDP, eh?

Stonekiller

contributor
contributor
The premise is that the government is elected by the people, in particular our MP or MLA, periodically it would be nice to see them come back to the community to hold open house discussions with the constituents. I don't think Bill Blaikie ever did that, though he was pretty prominent in the community. Hated the man's politics, but he was a nice guy and very supportive of the local Sea Cadets in the neighbourhood.

Triniman wrote:
JTF wrote:Why elect a government that has to continually go back to the people for a decision?

I don't know if that applies to the MB NDP, eh?

Yup. Ya gotta take the bad with the good.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum